Re: Front wheel chamber

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front wheel chamber
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:30:41 -0600
Camber was "fixed" from the factory; no provision for adjustments. As Rick
pointed out, negative camber can be a good thing. As he also said, special
upper trunions and shim plates under the lever shock are two ways of adding
some negative camber to these cars. There are also elliptical upper trunion
bushings available from MiniMania and others that will allow up to a degree
and a half of negative camber. Likewise, wornout perished upper trunion
bushings will also do this to you and I suppose perished a-arm bushings can
affect it as well. Have fun!

I tried Rivergate's negative camber adjustable upper trunion bushings back
when they were still making them (before they wore out their lathe). I liked
the idea, but I found that it was not easy to keep them from rotating under
load to the least desirable position at any given moment. Sure, I could
tighten them back up again, but they had already destroyed my time for that
run.
David Lieb
1972 Blue