Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Roll bar

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Roll bar
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:30:05 -0700 reply-type=original
While a roll bar that fits under the stock roofline is not tall enough to
protect your head in a rollover, it does provide other very worthwhile
benifits, and unique drawbacks.

Adding the roll bar ties the body together and adds rigidity.  I noticed an
improvement in handling and a reduction in body flex when I added the roll
bar.  It is kind of like an oversized monte carlo bar for the rear!

I later removed the roll bar because of the following disadvantages.  In
later Sprite/Midgets it takes up room, which is at a premium in our cars.  I
lost valuable seat recline space, and in trying to get my seat back as far
as possible, the bar rubbed through the upholstery in the drivers seat.
Also, once fitted, a full tonneau cover is difficult to fit, and has to be
modified.

Just my .02

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net