Re: BE Bonnet ( was ashtrays )

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BE Bonnet ( was ashtrays )
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:13:18 -0400
And the reason I ask, is because I seem to have screwed up and I may have
decisions to make.

To try and keep this as concise as possible, I bought a Maniflow intake from
APT and had it machined there.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Maniflow_Intake_2.jpg

When I sent David the link to the K&Ns the other day, he said something to the
effect of "wait a minute.  Do you currently have a Mini 30 degree intake
installed?"  I haven't checked that out yet, but, if I install the 20 degree
intake then my SUs will move . . . probably out of the existing hump. :(

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/KN_001.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/KN_003.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/KN_004.jpg

hump ( if you have good eyes and monitor )
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/fleet_top_view.jpg

Of course, where did those SUs come from then.  I have to keep the floats
level, don't I?  I guess that determines how they mount.  I may have just
bought some scrap metal.  The SUs are supposed to be from a UK spec MGB.  What
angle are they supposed to mount at?

Now, the obvious first thing to check is the existing intake to find out what
it really is.  If I only had more than 5 minutes at a time.

Our basement is in week 8 of an estimated 2 week repair with about 2 and a half
weeks remaining.  Chaos!