black shifter???

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: black shifter???
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:37:06 -0500
While scrounging the next bunch of parts I need to clean up for the assembly
process, stumbled upon my shifter. Innocent enough event I guess, been in a
box from when I re-bearing'd the smoothcase. What struck me, which for some
reason it didn't before, is that the shifter is black. Upon closer inspection,
it seems to have had a vinyl-like coating applied to it. Maybe somewhat like
the can of stuff you can get to dip pliers handles and the like in to. Just
thought I'd see if anyone has a thought on this, before going ahead and
cutting/slicing it off to see what the shifter itself looks like. It's not on
the threads where the knob screws on, nor on the bottom end of it either.

Dan