Re: VIR

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIR
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:13:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/2005 11:59:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
conan@intrex.net writes:

>>Does anyone have any comments on the size of this event,  whether it is
worth going to etc.

Dunno about that particular  event, but the track is first rate!
Ed in NC  (I corner-worked  there at least once before it was shut down in
the  '70s.)

I went to the June race a couple of years ago, and it was decent.  Not  quite
as good as the Mitty at road atlanta, but a nice day trip.  Lots of  cars,
but none of the really exotic iron like you see at the Mitty.  The  down side
VIR is that they don't let you have ground fires like at Road  Atlanta.  I
think someone years ago let one get away and burned down the  barn that used to
be out there.  The camping is not quite the event like it  is at the Mitty.

As for the track, there are some good places to watch the race and access  to
the paddock is free and open.  No hassles there.  They have a place  out
there to get food and drinks and the facilities are nice in general.

Tim