Crane 700 ign-help a brother out?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Crane 700 ign-help a brother out?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:50:18 -0400
Oh the joys of making one car out of two and a bunch of aftermarket stuff!  Boy
is it ever going to be tough to figure out what the problem is when it doesn't
start!

Anywho, if someone could help a brother out I'd really appreciate it.  I have
two stock distributors to start with, one seems pretty clearly to be a Lucas
EID distributor and the other is Lucas but has points.  My car is a 75 1500 so
I think the EID is basically correct and I guess I'd like to use it to start my
700 conversion with, but feel free to change my mind.  My basic question, and i
know it's stupid, has to do with the fact I can't tell which example to use in
the XR700 instructions.  They list domestic 4-6-8, universal 4-6-8, marelli,
bosch hall, bosch magnetic, hitachi, noppondenso, lucas opus, mallory yl,
mallory unilite.  Obviously lucas opus has the attraction of saying lucas in
the name, but doesn't exactly remind me of what I've got.  Any thoughts on
which to use or a source of relevant instructions?

Thanks, Mark M.