Re: trying to figure a fair price

Subject: Re: trying to figure a fair price
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 09:23:31 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Billy,
It's hard to see important details from the pics, but all Bugeyes came
with a 948 with H1 carbs. The car has a HAN7/ aka late Sprite Mk II
dash. The cockpit trim on the doors and behind the seats were more than
likely covered in vinyl to match the MkII dash trim. The value of the
car really would be determined by the condition of the tub: box sections
ahead of rear wheels and behind fronts, rockers and sills, floors.

But judging by the condition of the engine bay, and not knowing where
this car sat for so long, I would assume the worst. MY advice would be
to consider this a parts car and offer the seller $300 and look for a
better restoration candidate. This car looks like it needs everything
and beyond.

I know this example is not a Bugeye, but a garaged 37,000 mile RWA
Midget just sold in Connecticut for $3,500. Instant fun for cheap!

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
Home of "The Innocenti Project"
61 Innocenti 950 Spyder