Re: Weekend project

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Weekend project
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:42:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

I made my rotator for a Bugeye. In the back, I mounted it into the leaf
spring pockets with square tubing that just fit in the pockets and had
the stand under the rear axle hump in the floor. On the later cars,
maybe it could be mounted to the front spring mounts? I was concerned
with putting all the weight through the entire length of the car and
wanted to hold it at the factory engineered stress points so the body
would hopefully stay straight while I cut out the floors and rockers. It
seems to have worked OK, the doors close and don't fly open on the
corners. You can see a couple pictures on my web page. I can email a
couple more pics, anyone else want to see them, email me. I made all my
parts out of square tubing and used jamb bolts so it adjusts up and down
and the arms can move wider for my AH3000 project coming up next.

Dave & Bobbie
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Hershey AACA Fall National Meet  (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/hershey.htm