Re: Weber DGV

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:15:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Well, I've taken a couple short drives in the '72 and find the performance
> of the Weber very pretty dissapointing thus far.

Gerard

DGVs and A series engines do not work well.
I did a halfast survey a few years ago. Most DGVs on A series cars were "for
sale" or had very low mileage.
I stuck one on my A40, What a joke! Now it has a DCOE and it makes a big
difference.
The DGV works great on the 1500, but the 1500 has a 4 port intake where the A
series has a 2 port intake. Near as I could come up with, the 2 port intake
makes the DGV run about as good as a bad SU.

There is a company that makes a better intake, T?? Or Something induction, I
can not remember the name, they do have a website. Somebody else on the list
should know the name.

The above is what I have concluded by asking many people WHY they were getting
rid of their DGV set ups. I have no scientific facts to prove it.
But I do have a personal expierience to back me up. I bought a new setup for
the A40, it lasted about a month before I took it off. that same carb is
working perfectly on a BMW 2002 so it was NOT the carb.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ