Re: to canada and beyond!

To: Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>
Subject: Re: to canada and beyond!
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:05:05 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, fprodget@yahoo.com, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Eddie Sheffield wrote:

> On Monday 27 August 2001 04:42 pm, Trevor Boicey wrote:
> >   Note that the gear oil has a much more intense
> > additive pack, which does make them quite different.
>
> So I take it these additives are what give gear oil it's "unique" odor that
> almost makes me hurl every time I smell it? Motor oil doesn't phase me.
> Asphalt and driveway sealer are some of the few things I find more noxious
> than gear oil.

  It's funny you should mention.

  I have an old beater bike that needed a quick dab of
oil on the chain, and since the gear oil containers have
a nice spout, I lubed up the chain really well with
gear oil.

  Then I put it in the back of my car so I could bring
it to work today. Then the car sat in the hot sun all
morning, bike seeing a lot of sun through the hatch
window.

  When I went to get in the car in the early afternoon,
the gear oil odour in the car almost knocked me down.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca