Sports? was Re: Rotator Cuff (NO LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sports? was Re: Rotator Cuff (NO LBC)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:04:57 -0400
On Monday 13 August 2001 06:40 pm, Brad Fornal wrote:
> Send some ice down to Texas and we will think up some sports to use it
> with. Rest assured that whatever the sport is, it will involve 4 wheel
> drives and guns!!!!!

Speaking of sports with 4WD and guns, I'm reminded of a documentary I saw on
PBS several years back. I missed the start so I don't know what it was
called, but it could have been called "Rednecks of the Appalachias." Some of
the highlights were:

- Elvis impersonators at open mike night at some greasy spoon

- A man and woman (wife? ex-wife? other?) who apparently lived in separate
halves of the same mobile home. The whole segment on them consisted of
watching them sit on their respective porches and curse and threaten to kill
each other.

and the one that specifically came to mind in this thread...

- A bunch of people sitting on the porch of their mobile home watching and
cheering for somebody in a beat up 4WD pickup doing 360s in the mud that
passed for a front lawn.

Looking back it was a lot like Jerry Springer.

The scary part is I grew up in the Appalachias and knew people like just like
this.

Eddie
1971 Midget