Re: Welders

To: derf <derfman@eatel.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welders
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 05:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
Miller and Hobart are under the same ownership so...if
that's any indication...I should be set.

Dan

--- derf <derfman@eatel.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> Although you have already made your decision, I'd
> like to chime in.  I
> get the diegest version so I'm late sometimes.
> Anyway, Miller can't be
> beat.  Ask someone who welds for a living.  I asked
> many people and
> never heard a bad word about Miller.  I have a
> Miller 220V stick welder
> that someone gave me.  I have a Lincoln mig, though.
> A friend of mine runs a pretty busy body shop.  He
> had a little Century
> mig welder that he used pretty hard for 8 years.  It
> broke down this
> year.  We fixed it with a $30 relay and it's back in
> service.  While we
> were waiting for the relay he bought a big Century
> mig.  The big one
> works fine but the guy who does most of the welding
> prefers the little
> one for body work.  My friend use both little and
> big Centurys on his
> Sprite with good results from both.
> Anyone thinking of buying a stick welder, get a 220V
> unit.  Stick
> welding with 110V welders is VERY difficult.
> My opinions.
> Cheers,
> Derf

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.