Re: Mods to Midgets

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, Daniel1312@aol.com, tspeed@carolina.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mods to Midgets
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:14:40 EST
In a message dated 11/28/2000 3:54:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<<  I am wondering how a DGV fits into the rest of the spec?  This is not a
 > performance carb and has its limitations.  Why spoil a decent engine
 > specification by fitting this carb, fit something else.

 So what's wrong with this carb?  I am not familiar with it.  Progressive
 Webers are not automatically bad, but this one may be too small, or the
 manifold may be really bad. >>

I have this carb on my '79 1500 and it is just fine. Very easy to tune.  I
have read some delusions on here related to the downdraft Weber, but probably
not from those using the DGV.  For me, I like it.

--David C.