Re: One last question

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@htcomp.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One last question
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:00:18 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Simple. All you need is a RHD steering rack, a RHD dash, and optionally
new top brake and clutch lines.

You can converted the dash (either weld up the instrument holes and recut
on the other side; or cut out the entire center, flip and reweld), and you
can
shorten the existing hydraulic lines if you have a flaring tool and the
existing
lines are good enough.

If you have the bits, it is a days work. I did this to a MkII Midget a
couple of
months ago and the whole thing was done in 1 day. The worst thing was
figuring how to undo some of the knobs on the dash! I hadn't taken some of
them
off before and didn't notice the little locking keys. argh!!!

I found it easiest to have both dashes in the cockpit and move one
instrument/
cable/knob across at a time so that nothing got mixed up.

Mike