Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)

To: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)
From: "The Flowers" <wflowers@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:13:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>I can't speak to the condition of the bugeye and it's value, but I can tell
>you from my recent experience with a local bank (is the actually such a
>thing as a LOCAL bank anymore?) that the banks are not much interested in
>any car over 7 years old as collateral.  They will make you a signature
>loan, or if interest rates don't scare you, use one of those handy checks
>your gold or platinum visa is always sending you in the mail.

That's about what I thought.  I've already got enough difficulties with
establishing credit now (just moved to the US from Canada).

>Good luck and good hunting.  Don't be rushed.  I looked for 2-3 years to
>find a 74 Midget in fair shape for half the price most previous sellers had
>been asking.  There are still bargains out there.

Excellent advice.  I think I'll relax, slow down and learn before jumping
in.  Eventually I'll find the right car, and that will make the wait
worthwhile.  :-)
---
Bill