Re: hazardous

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: hazardous
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:06:26 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos,
the easiest setup is to just have the toggle switch connect the left and
right signal circuits.  When you then turn on either signal, you have
hazards.  SO the fact that your signals work w/o ignition would be a good
thing.  If the signals don't flash, change your relais to a stronger one
that can handle 4 bulbs.

I went the route your describe with a second flasher and a 4-throw relais
etc. and only heared of this simple method later...
Ulix

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> Thank you all for giving me good ideas about music
> in the Sprite.
>
> Can anyone provide installation tips for a hazard
> circuit, i.e. toggle switch (I have an unoccupied
> aperture on the dash), second relay-flasher unit
> (is this really necessary?) and - most importantly -
> wiring: from where to were?
>
> I don't want anyone running into my boot while I attempt
> to park, so a hazard feature is very necessary.
>
> Oh, don't know if this is of any relevance, but my
> indicators work even with the key removed (engine off).
>
> Regards
> Evangelos, 66 Sprite

                                                           '67 Sprite