Re: [Spits] 1978 Triumph Spitfire Parts and Renovation

To: johnstoia1@gmail.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] 1978 Triumph Spitfire Parts and Renovation
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 12:49:23 -0800

--------------jQ02BE0aH0PEFZKnWPUOXOGN

John - Congratulations on the new car.  Spent the morning in the
driveway with my GT6.

If you want to drive up to San Pedro CA, next to the port of Los
Angeles, there is British European Auto - https://www.britishcar.la/ -
Our club has had a couple events at their shop and they seen nice.

Also recommend connecting with your local Triumph club:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/sandiegotriumph/
https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoTriumphSportsCarClub

The local clubs have very helpful people with a wealth of knowledge and
resources.

There used to be a British car shop in your area, I think a little north
of San Diego, but I can't remember their name.  Had a nice talk with
them at a car show 20+ years ago.  The local club should help if the
shop is still around.

You might also want to contact Moss Motors and see if they have a
distributor shop in your area.  It is always nice to have a place to run
for a small part you forgot to order.  The shop may stock common items
or can order your part as part of a bigger order and save you shipping.

Brian K - Los Angeles area

On 12/31/2021 11:17 AM, johnstoia1@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I own a 1978 Triumph Spitfire which was a gift from my children for my
> birthday  It was the first car I ever bought and paid for myself when
> I was in high school.  I always loved that car and now I own one once
> again.  I am in the process of having engine and other work done on
> the car. I am in need of parts for the gear box and transmission and
> other parts.  Wanted to see if any of fellow Spitfire owners have
> parts available and/or can recommend where I may acquire them.  I am
> aware of Spitbits and eBay.  Also, I am looking for someone to
> refurbish the interior of the car.  I live in San Diego but I am
> willing to send the car for refurbishment within a reasonable distance
> of my home.
>
> Any and all help or info is greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.
> Hope everyone has a great New Year!
>
> John Stoia

--------------jQ02BE0aH0PEFZKnWPUOXOGN

  <head>
  </head>
    John - Congratulations on the new car.  Spent the morning in the
    driveway with my GT6.<br>
    If you want to drive up to San Pedro CA, next to the port of Los
    Angeles, there is <span class="copyright"> British European Auto -
href="https://www.britishcar.la/";>https://www.britishcar.la/</a> - Our club has
had a couple events
    at their shop and they seen nice.<br>
    Also recommend connecting with your local Triumph club:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://clubs.hemmings.com/sandiegotriumph/";>http://clubs.hemmings.com/sandiegotriumph/</a><br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoTriumphSportsCarClub";>https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoTriumphSportsCarClub</a><br>
    The local clubs have very helpful people with a wealth of knowledge
    and resources.<br>
    There used to be a British car shop in your area, I think a little
    north of San Diego, but I can't remember their name.  Had a nice
    talk with them at a car show 20+ years ago.  The local club should
    help if the shop is still around.<br>
    You might also want to contact Moss Motors and see if they have a
    distributor shop in your area.  It is always nice to have a place to
    run for a small part you forgot to order.  The shop may stock common
    items or can order your part as part of a bigger order and save you
    shipping. <br>
    Brian K - Los Angeles area<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:johnstoia1@gmail.com";>johnstoia1@gmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:01a801d7fe7b$012c9350$0385b9f0$@gmail.com">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle20
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style>
          gift from my children for my birthday  It was the first car I
          ever bought and paid for myself when I was in high school.  I
          always loved that car and now I own one once again.  I am in
          the process of having engine and other work done on the car.
          I am in need of parts for the gear box and transmission and
          other parts.  Wanted to see if any of fellow Spitfire owners
          have parts available and/or can recommend where I may acquire
          them.  I am aware of Spitbits and eBay.  Also, I am looking
          for someone to refurbish the interior of the car.  I live in
          San Diego but I am willing to send the car for refurbishment
          within a reasonable distance of my home.<o:p></o:p></p>
          appreciated.  Thanks so much.  Hope everyone has a great New
          Year!<o:p></o:p></p>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Spitfires@autox.team.net";>Spitfires@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>

--------------jQ02BE0aH0PEFZKnWPUOXOGN--

--===============7978179194642524259==