Re: [Spits] Brake system?

To: Dennis Reese <dennis_reese@wavecable.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Brake system?
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:12:55 -0700
Cc: Spitfire Group <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Did you check out the PDWA? When I rebuilt the brakes on my mum's '78 I
found out the hard way that the rubber in it was too far gone.

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Dennis Reese <dennis_reese@wavecable.com>
wrote:

> I have just finished with new brakes all around on my 75 Spit. Everything
> seems to be OK, but I have very little to "no" pedal. Goes to the floor and
> after a couple of pumps the car stops - sort of. What am I missing? New
> master
> cylinder? If so, which. Moss and VB both seem to sell the Lucas/TRW variety
> for something like $200 and another aftermarket thing for about $100 less.
>
> Rest assured I am not out on the highway with this thing  -- just up and
> down
> our 1/2 mile driveway.
>
> Any advice is always appreciated.
>
> Dennis Reese

http://www.theymightberacing.com/

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8
1970 MG MGB                               1980 Triumph TR7
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
disinclination to do so."
--Douglas Adams

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive