Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:19:13 +0100

Jim,
Check that the catch is well lubricated and free moving. The roller which
the main hook bears against is particularly prone to seizure, ultimately the
hook will wear a groove into the seized roller, rendering the catch scrap.
The catch is able to cope with any kind of vibration our cars can throw at
it, but it relies on free movement to return to it's rest position each time
it is jarred,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics