[Spits] gas mileage

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] gas mileage
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:32:18 -0400
Since someone asked recently...

I recently accepted a job offer in Manchester, NH, 55 miles from my
house.  (I always wanted a commute I could do on foot.)  I've managed
to carpool some days; some days I've had to drive it myself.  The
Spitfie is the vehicle of choice.

This week I started with a full tank, made the trip three times,
filled up this evening near home.  7.5 gallons for 330 miles.  That
comes out to 44mpg.  Not bad.  Of course, it is almost all running
with OD on, no braking to speak of, no serious hills, inotherwords
steady cruising at speeds between, oh, frumphsesoof and flmphfsf,
keeping up with or slightly slower than traffic most of the time.

Saw two speed traps this morning.  They didn't pull me over, but
there's some fast cars on Rts 3 and 128 sometimes.

Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com