[Spits] Spitfire IV emblems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Spitfire IV emblems
From: "Stuart Greenwood" <sagreenwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:18:57 -0700
Just an update on emblem removal.
The emblems on the bonnet and the rear wings have two pegs cast into them on
the backside. There are two holes drilled in the bodywork into which are fitted
plastic retainers. When you push the emblems in the pegs go into the retainers
and spread them  they are locked to the body work. It's easy to get the emblems
off. Just carefully lever them off using a thin blade like a paint scraper. The
plastic retainers will say in the holes.  The problem is getting the retainers
out without damaging them since they have been spread out when the emblems were
orginally put in.  I haven't tried to do this yet but it will have to be done
so I can block sand the panels prior to painting.

Stuart A Greenwood
sagreenwood@earthlink.net
Triumph Spiitfire Mk IV, Triumph Stag Mk I