Re: Changing throw-out bearing?

To: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Changing throw-out bearing?
From: S1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:55:40 -0600
Larry Vaughan wrote:
> S1500,
>
>  When I reviewed my response to your throwout bearing question today, it
> looked kind of vague. The pics I got today may clear things up.
> http://ljvaughan.homestead.com/throwoutbearing.html
>
> Larry

Now it all makes sense. I was wondering how a ratchet socket was to
interact with removing the bearing from the sleeve. So it was to slam it
down & out. I see now.

I will have to scrounge around for a suitable drift pin thingy to take
the pins out. I had no luck before, but now that I realize they taper,
I'll try the other side.

===     http://www.vtr.org