Re: PDWA centering

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: PDWA centering
From: dhlocker@comcast.net ("Donald Locker" <dhlocker@comcast.net>)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:01:27 +0000
Two tips -- use your hand to press the brake pedal, and use clear vinyl tubing
attached to the bleeder screws.  Make the tubing long enough to raise the end
well above the bleeder screw.  It's best to try to have the tubing slope
continuously up from the bleeder screw.  This will keep all air from the
bleeders, even better than dropping a hose in a bottle of brake fluif.

Crack one rear (or front) bleeder screw and press the pedal firmly to move the
shuttle from wherever it is to where you don't want it (off-center.)  Close
that bleeder and open one in the other end of the vehicle, and press gently
until you feel the "give" and the brake warning lamp goes out.  Close the
bleeder screw and have a Spitfire (ale or drive, your choice.)

Donald.
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>

===     http://www.vtr.org