Fwd: Lucky Deal on Cheap Stud Welder

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Fwd: Lucky Deal on Cheap Stud Welder
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I recently decided I needed a stud welder, and being
a cheapskate, I looked at what Harbor Freight sells.
They had one model (3223-5VGA) for about $135,
and a second model (8878-9VGA) that was normally
$135, but on sale for $80.  I couldn't see any
significant difference between the two, so I assumed
that the model on sale was being discontinued.

I ordered the $80 one, and I found that they had
apparently run out of them, so they sent me
the more expensive 3223 model for the same price.

So far (two days and maybe 15 studs) it is working
fine, and I have no regrets buying it.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org