Late Spit O/D Switch Question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Late Spit O/D Switch Question
From: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:19:27 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

I am in the process of putting my Spitfire 1500
together and have come across a problem on the
Overdrive inhibitor switch. The switch fits up against
the remote rod on top of the gearbox and should
operate when in 3rd or top. With the switch removed I
can see a notch in the operation rod but it operates
the switch at all times EXCEPT when in neutral. It is
a LONG time since I looked at this so hopefully I am
just doing something stupid. Any advice?

Thanks

Alex

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

===     http://www.vtr.org