Seats

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Seats
From: "Stasyszen, Jerry" <JStasyszen@odmhsas.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:15:47 -0500
Okay, I have asked this before but I posted it to the NASS digest so it
probably got lost in all the other postings. I know someone out there
has the answer to this question. I need a pair of seats for my 76
Spitfire, I know Miata seats are suppose to fit but I have found that it
is very difficult to get them. Seems they are resold about as fast as
the salvage yards get them. A salvage attendant told me that the 2000
model Toyota Celica seats are narrow and that they would fit. I have
seen on the back of a JC Whitney catalog a pair of racing seats for
249.95, they look like Corbeau racing seats that  recline and in the
local Autozone a set of seats that look like the ones in the JC Whitney
catalog. Has anyone tried to fit these in to their Spitfire, does anyone
have any suggestions of other seats that may work? I have tried the Ebay
route but don't like the game play. If they sold the seats out right on
Ebay I wouldn't mind shopping there. MOSS and the other LBC Parts
suppliers are totally outrageous on seat covers and most upholstry shops
are about the same as the LBC suppliers. BTW, I called the number at JC
Whitney and they said the seat will mount in a 20" x 20" space, about 2
inches too wide. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Jerry Stasyszen

===     http://www.vtr.org