'67 Herald 12/50 convertible: fantastic condition!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: '67 Herald 12/50 convertible: fantastic condition!
From: David Randall <david.randall@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:54:44 -0700
Folks,

I went to see the Herald today --
http://hometown.aol.com/herald1200/database/67sp1250.htm) -- and I am
amazed. This car is completely original, one-owner, all original receipts,
invoices, manuals, and every repair receipt ever.

It's been garaged its whole life, and never driven in rain. There is
definite age-patina, some paint chips, and a very small dent or two, but the
paint and interior are original, even down to seeing the original colour
under the car. The frame is immaculate, and I didn't see even surface-rust.
The tires are even old bias-plys! In good shape, of course.

The driver's seat has one seam separating, and the rest are fine; the
cushion is a little lumpy. The brown carpet -- brown with blue? -- isn't
perfect, but original to the car, and I wouldn't replace it.

The convertible top is fine, if not perfect. I don't know if it's original,
but it's the proper item and fits well.

It starts-up and runs as if new. I drove it through all the gears, and
everything works as it should. The brakes are new within 500miles. The
parking brake even holds on a hill.

The front brakes are drums, which is interesting, as the Canadian 12/50 was
supposed to have disks. But they're original equipment to this car.

As you can tell, I'm take taken with this Herald. Unfortunately I can't
raise the cash at this time :( Someone who loves Heralds heeds this car.

David Randall
Duncan, BC, Canada

===     http://www.vtr.org