GT6+ Running Report

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Running Report
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:48:59 EDT
Guys,
This is amazing but at 367 miles the GT6 is shaking down well.  I had an
issue with the Twin Early Strombergs since the top covers came loose. Once I
tightened them up the pistons froze so I spent a bunch time on them and got
them
snug.  Joe Curto thinks I need to go back in there and centralize the jets.
Duh, I did not realize you had to do that on any Stromberg.  The retaining clip
for the inner spring came out of it's groove on the shifter and therefore it
was possible to downshift from second to reverse (That Would Be Bad!) not to
mention a real funky shift pattern, but that was an easy fix thru the tunnel
hole.  I had the dreaded little Triumph rumble at speed but I had the
rotoflex's
aligned and that seemed to improve things.

Now if I can just find "Tweety Bird" things will be all right!  She likes to
sing constantly when the clutch is out. If I just place my foot on the pedal I
can change her pitch and even shut her up.  Anyone know where Sylvester is
nowadays?

Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org