Starting trobles

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting trobles
From: "Thomas Dertz" <thomas.dertz@creo.no>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:33:27 +0200
All,

The roadster season starts late here in the cold north, and mine seems to be
delayed another bit. Today I drained an entire battery trying to get the
engine running after having the '66 Spitfire in storage for the winter.
Previous years it has been a bit difficult to start, but today there was no
life. Tried to use starter gas, but it had no effect. Through the entire
process I never heard the engine "fire" once (not even with gas). Can the
fuel pump be out? I did not smell any gasoline from the engine. Tried to use
much choke, little choke, pump the pedal and not. Any other ideas or
suggestions?

Thanks,
Thomas

===     http://www.vtr.org