Re: Oil Pan Plug

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pan Plug
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:08:27 -0400
Even more excruciating detail:

The 3/8" NPT pipe thread has 18 threads/inch, and the BSPT thread
has 19 threads/inch.  You wouldn't want to get those mixed up!
If you did, there would be a lot of obvious damage.

I carefully measured my old plug (which always fit fine), and it
was definitely 18 threads/inch.   Sort of funny that Triumph
used an American instead of British pipe thread...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org