Re: Shortened driveline - = Thanks!

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Shortened driveline - = Thanks!
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:05:26 -0400
Well what a great response from everyone.
I did fit it up... hence my finding just 3/8" of freeplay max. (noted in the
first email) Yep...after writing that all up, I did remember the 'strap'
type driveshafts and how little play there was there.

I did think about the spacer, but I'd have to lathe up a bit of it to have
the flanges 'lock' into each other properly. (rings on the flat surfaces)
For now.... I'm not going to bother letting THAT shop anyway...touch any of
my parts again.  See what I get for not doing it myself!  Give it to a
pro...and the F____ it up!  I'll build a jig and weld up the next one
myself!

I'm going to simply leave it as is.    Thanks again everyone. MANY thanks.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com