Brake fluid question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake fluid question
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:05:11 +0000
I bought a nice brake MC from Triumphs Only several years back. The guy on the
phone told me to ONLY use Castrol GT LMA fluid. He said it is vegetable based,
and any other type(mineral based?) would rot the seals.

The downside to this now is that no store around here carries Castrol's brake
fluid. They sell their oils though.

Question: Is there a substitute for Castrol GT LMA I could pick up at Autozone
or wherever? I'd like to take that route instead of trying to special order a
case of it. It's high time I do a good rebleed on both the clutch & brake. If
all else fails, should I just wing it with DOT 3?

--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org