Rear Wing Replacement

To: NASS Spitfire <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Rear Wing Replacement
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:47:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

OK, so I get this 1967 MKI GT6 for the wife.  I've
been sourcing bits from various places....somewhat
successfully.

I believe we're gonna need to replace the rear wings.
The lips (over the wheels) were rolled out in an
effort to flare them to cover the wider wheels.  The
wings are solid, but the edges don't look very good.
I think I've sourced a pair of used rear fenders.
They're still attached to a car.  I'm looking for info
on cutting them off...where are they welded?  The car
they're coming off of will probably be scrapped so
getting them off that car doesn't have to be exact,
but I'll need specific instruction on cutting them off
our car.

Then reinstallation...are there tricks/tips that
someone can pass along that's done it?

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
1967 GT6 MKI