Re: Today's stubborn car part: back of the ragtop

To: doug@dougbraun.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Today's stubborn car part: back of the ragtop
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:47:20 +0000
What was unusual about those plate mount bolts(shiny chrome with a domed head)
was that they were coarse thread.  I almost never see coarse thread fasteners
on this car. Sadly, any bolts I see in hardware stores are corase threads. Yet,
it seemed to fit fine when I put the nut-plate on the vise and screwed it in.
Perhaps I'll just get all new parts altogether on the next catalog order. I'm
just glad the rattle was that simple to fix.

Hopefully the ragtop hardware isn't too difficult to get parts for. The metal
on some of the washer/nut things seems to be incredibly soft and
malleable(sp?).

--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org