Re: Browns Spitfire/ Electric Gremlins

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Browns Spitfire/ Electric Gremlins
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
Darrell,
Sounds to me like you need to clean the contacts in
your fuse box. Corosion builds up over the years and
you get short circuits, bad/no connections, amperage
draw goes up and the connections can heat up and arc.
I would use some emery paper and contact cleaner to
get the corosion off the fuse holders where they
contact the fuses. Make sure all the wires are tight
going to the fuse box. Clean or replace the fuses
also. The ground wires must have a good connection to
the body. A lot of times it is the ground that
prevents the circuit from working. Good luck.
                      -Bill

===     http://www.vtr.org