Re: Spitfire in Sumner, WA

To: Tim Wilcox <tw1@muw.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire in Sumner, WA
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@roomies.furry.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
I was about to say that's too much to pay for a damaged Spitfire, but the
photos do show the damage evident will require a rear tail light panel and
some body work on the trunk belly pan.  Oh, and a rear bumper.  That's
about it.  I've done that sort of repair before and it's not that terrible
to do with easy access to all parts of the metal work.  I dare say that
you could probably repair all the metal in place, but if there is a
replacement panel available to you it's just easier to start with straight
metal.

The rest of the car- BRG, tan interior, smog package on engine, stromberg,
and it looks like the engine fan was removed and an electric strapped
(poorly) in front of the radiator instead.  I don't see rust in the body
work from the photos, but that's limited by the photos themselves.  We
would all want to go in and lift the battery out, check the trunk floor,
and under the carpets for the usual culprits.

It seems a bit high for the car, and I don't know that I honestly believe
it has 33,000 miles on it, but if it does, then this isn't that bad of a
deal.  Oregon car.

I think it's closer to a $1500-$2000 used tops without hearing it run and
checking for the typical hidden damage.

-Vegaman Dan