RE: 2 cylinder mystery

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 2 cylinder mystery
From: "Paul Grafelman" <pdgrafelman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:55:23 +0000
I think I have it better now, but I'm still confused. I swapped the wires
for 1 and 4 and it seem to run great now. However, the markings on the
pulley seem to be referring to the position of cylinder 4 instead of one. I
say this because the dizzy rotor is pointing to cylinder 4. Here's my
interpretation of the cylinder layout, someone please correct me if I'm
wrong (which seems about 99% likely at this point)

   fan  0|   1   2   3   4 |

If the layout is actually reversed, 4, 3, 2, 1, then the way I have things
setup currently would be correct. May be installed the engine backwards??

PDG