Head Gaskets

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Gaskets
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:03:24 -0400
Spitted ones,

Does anyone know if the head gasket for the 1500 engine is the
same one as the one for the FK series engines? I went to the
Rimmer Bros website and they list the same gasket for the 1500
and the FH series starting with 25001. Where does the FK series
fit in? I have engine number FK423UE.

After rebuilding the rear axles this past winter/spring, I went
to start the car and found I had no compression. I pulled the
head and put a new gasket on (1500 series one). Today, I drained
the oil, and while the oil was draining, I started pouring in
antifreeze. It started running out. Not exactly sure where it is
coming from, but I did find that the part of the gasket labeled
TOP, was coated with coolant. This tells me that either the head
is cracked or the gasket is not the correct one. Hoping for the
easier fix.

Thanks,

Doug

--