Re: strange OD problem

To: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: strange OD problem
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:46:49 -0500
Why does the OD supply wire go to the ignition coil?
There should be an extra terminal on the ignition switch for it.

But I doubt that it the cause of your problem.  Unfortunately
I can't suggest anything else.  It could be a momentary short
in the OD circuit pulling down the voltage, but that would
probably have other side effects like blown fuses or melted wires.

It could also be a grounding problem or a corroded connector, since
those are the most common causes of electrical problems in general.
Make sure the battery-chassis-engine ground cable is OK.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit