RE: International postage question (Shipping parts, no LBC but

To: "Barry Schwartz" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: International postage question (Shipping parts, no LBC but
From: "Chris Foster" <cfoster@eppcon.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:47:43 -0500
Although I haven't shipped overseas, living in Canada and buying from the
states, I always ask that things be shipped USPS rather than UPS.  Believe it
or not the reason is simple, USPS drops it at the post office and I pay the tax
on the declared value of the item, vs. UPS charges a brokerage charge that
covers all of the taxes plus a heafty profit for them... i.e. A $20 item would
cost me $2.30 in taxes with USPS or approximatly $40 in brokerage fees with UPS.

So that said, to all those who live in the states... if you're sending things
outside US borders, please for all our sakes, send everything USPS rather than
UPS...  It gets here in about the same time, and costs a whole lot less...

c.
'76 TR6
'76 Spitfire