Re: Radius Arm Bushing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radius Arm Bushing
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:06:32 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
An auto machine shop can press them out easily.  Put lots of anti seize
compound on the new ones before you press them in.  You may need to replace
them again in about 30 years.  :-)
Dave

  When i had my floors put into the Spitfire, there was a problem removing
one of the rear radius arms and the busing was torn out and needed
replacing.  I went ahead and bought new bushings for all four of the
existing bushings.  However, getting the old bushings out seems to be a bit
of a challenge.  Any suggestions?  Or...shoudl i go with the old  "If it
aint broke...don't fx it" rule?  The others aren't damaged at all that i can
see, but i just figured that while i was under there i might as well replace
them all.  good idea/bad idea?