Wiring Question

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Question
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 05:40:38 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Listers;

I am currently re-assembling my '77 Spitfire, which I bought as a rolling
shell.  Using parts from a '78 parts car and sourcing others, I am 75% done.
Over the weekend I installed a motor I bought a couple of years ago, along with
a used trans.

I had a brief question about wiring.  Where does the battery negative cable
ground to??  On my parts car, the negative cable was removed.  Being new to
Spitfires I am unsure as to where it goes.  I believe it might attach to the
trans bellhousing, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help!
Regards,
Matt Milkevitch