swaybar mounts

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: swaybar mounts
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:18:05 -0500
I cut the swaybar mounts off my frame and plan to reverse them and weld them
back on, so I can use the good ends. Since they are so close to the frame, I
dont know if I will be able to get good coverage under them, when I paint the
frame.

I bought some weld through primer for my frame patch. It's a zinc coat and you
can't weld through it. You have to scrape it off the actual weld area, but
it's supposed to prevent rust in enclosed areas. This makes as much sense as
all the paint information I have received lately.

My question is, if I spray it under the swaybar pads, will it screw up my
epoxy paint I just bought, instead of chassis black, which I intended to buy.

Larry