Mk 3 Spitfire Sun Visors - Added Bonus

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mk 3 Spitfire Sun Visors - Added Bonus
From: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:35:08 +0100 (BST)
I have owned my Mk3 Spitfire for 15 years now and it
never had sun visors. While at Stafford this year for
the Le Mans display I had a good look at the other
Mk3's there and some had sunvisors from (apparently)
the TR models with the facility to unclip and swing to
one side. I decided to just fit the simple later Mk4
Sun Visors.

I picked up a very tired pair at the auto jumble to
donate the solid tube supports for the ends. I then
bought a brand new pair of visors from a supplier.

The brackets were derusted and painted and after
drilling and fitting with some black screw caps the
sun visors lookes tremendous.

Now to my delight when I tip the seats forward the sun
visors are strong enough to hold the seats forward
with the result that I can now lift the softtop frame
up and down without it shredding the corners of the
seats.

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com