Re: Increase compression ratio

To: Mark.Green@communityhospital.com
Subject: Re: Increase compression ratio
From: Eduard Tieseler <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:31:10 -0700
Hi Mark,

I had around 1/8" removed total (From the head and block) and I have to
use 91 octane and it still will ping.  I dont know about 1972, but the
'69 engine I have came stock with a 9:1 or 9.5:1 cr, so Im probably
running a ridiculous compression ratio right now.  The only reason I
took this much off was because I had the head milled years ago and then
once more trying to solve a leaking head gasket, but that didn't fix it
so I had to get the block decked also.  The motor pulls pretty good, but
I wouldn't recommend shaving too much.  I need to get myself a thicker
head gasket and different length push rods some day soon...

My $.02.

Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald