Voltage Stablizer

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage Stablizer
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:32:52 +0100
Bit of a strange one this.  I am revisiting the problems I am having in a
reading on the fuel guage of my Mk1 Spit. (gave up last year!)

I recently purchase another fuel sender unit to test if its that but I was
reading in my 60s workshop manual that the voltage stabiliser should be
checked first.  The input at the B terminal should be 12v (ie from the
battery) and yes it is.  The output terminal T (which runs to the temp and
fuel guages) should be 10v.  Mine is down at 5v, which is probably the
issue.  Anyway, I have ordered a new one.

My question is that if the stabilizer is only providing a 5v output, why am
I getting correct readings on the temp guage but not fuel as they both use
the same feed?

Cheers

Martin
'63 Spit4