RE: Thoughts on fiberglass Spitfire body

To: "'Mark.Green@communityhospital.com'"
Subject: RE: Thoughts on fiberglass Spitfire body
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:48:04 +0100
"...Any ideas on how to market to others outside the "Spitfire" culture?"

Nothing apart from the obvious, really.  No-one is going to buy this who
isn't already either a classic or kit-car enthusiast, so advertising in any
classic or kit car magazine would be a start (is there a big kit car
movement in the US?).  The magazines of the owners clubs (Club Triumph,
TSCC, VTR) are an obvious option.  Take a stall at classic and kit car
shows.  I guess much of this is word-of-mouth - I'm trying to remember where
I heard about the Hurricane, but I'm pretty sure it was either on this list
or the Totally Triumph Network, and that's certainly where I heard of the
Spitfire T6.  Your advertising doesn't even need to hit your potential buyer
directly - all it takes is for some guy to complain to his Spit-owning
friends that his body is rusted beyond repair, then one of his pals will say
- Hey, I remember seeing some guy who was making new fibreglass bodies when
I went to the XXXX car show!.  Why don't you try and track him down?  The
great thing about word-of-mouth is that it is free, but you have to kick the
chain off somewhere!

Another thought - you could try approaching the big Triumph parts dealers to
see if they would be interested in selling the body through their
catalogues?

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.