Re: GT6 tire size

To: kc3565l@sprintmail.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 tire size
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:05:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/9/2004 11:10:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kc3565l@sprintmail.com writes:

> think this subject has come up before but I wasn't paying attention.  The
> stock wheels on my 1973 GT6 were in pretty bad shape so I am replacing them
> with stock TR7 13" wheels.  Will a 175-70 tire fit without any interference?
> have been using 165-70's on my 1967 GT6 with no problem but this car will
> have the wider wheels and the front end has been dropped about 1 1/2" by
> removing a coil from the springs.  Does anybody out there have a similar
>setup?
> thanks,
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Not really identical to what you're looking for, but we have 205/60's (quite
a difference diameter-wise) on stock TR7 rims and lowered stiff springs on the
front, running about 3.5" of ground clearance. FWIW, we have no clearance
issues, except with the occasional high spot in the road ;-).

Tom Burke