Re: frame

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: frame
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:19:19 -0400
Hi Larry,
if you want to do the job yourself, there's an aviation sloshing paint
available, which is great for the inside of the gas tank. Kevin Dalton may
know of a supplier??? Kev??

Regarding the frame. I would strip and/or sandblast the frame clean, then
paint with POR 15 or any automotive paint. When driving, the frame gets wet
inside anyhow. There should be drainage holes in the frame, allowing the
access water to drain off. So, washing it like you described, should not make
a difference. Clean the inside of the frame as best as you can, then spray wax
proofing [wax oil] into it. The above mentioned aviation sloshing paint is
also useful for the inside of the frame. When all of this is done, generously
rust proof the entire frame.

Liv, rust buster.....Haasper...:-)