Re: clever battery cut-off position

To: Dan Canaan <flinters@roomies.furry.com>
Subject: Re: clever battery cut-off position
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:04:28 +0100
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

My aim for the switch was 2 things - kill switch/emergency cut off in
case of fire/emergency - and longer term security measure.

Regarding security - I see that as being a bonus. I think a lot of
thieves are chancers - I dont think they're going to spend a long time
trying to start the car - if it doesnt start - they move on. I think a
lot of the cars that get stolen around here tend to be for joyriding
etc... and I think its less likley they're going to nick a Spit. Touch
wood, touch wood, touch wood...

If I ever leave it for a long time - I employ the rotor arm trick.

James

69 Signal Red Spit